Outdoor Furniture Care
Outdoor Furniture Care Tips:
With the proper care your premium eucalyptus furniture will last up to 25 years or more.
- For unfinished furniture, we suggest lightly sanding the surface of the furniture with 150 or 180 grit sandpaper once a year to remove any fuzziness and any larger splinter causing fibers that occur due to exposure to the elements. Be sure to sand lightly to retain the natural patina.
- Furniture with an oil finish should also be treated yearly with a light coat of wood oil designed for eucalyptus or teak by applying it with a soft cloth.
- For finished furniture, we recommend brushing off any loose dirt or debris with a soft brush and wiping down with a mild detergent and water.
- We recommend you protect your furniture in the off season by using a using a good quality furniture cover. It helps keep your furniture clean and protects it from the elements thus minimizing annual maintenance.
Outdoor Cushion Care Tips
Outdoor cushions help extend the life of your outdoor furniture and keep it looking beautiful year after year. Consequently, it is important to take proper care of you cushions to keep them looking fresh and new.
Care and Maintenance
Outdoor cushions are made to resist the UV exposure, water, mold and mildew. However, overexposure can lessen the life of you cushions.
- Saturated cushions should be placed seam side down to allow the water to drain, if you cushion has zippers open the zipper.
- If you use your outdoor furniture year-round a good quality outdoor furniture cover will help keep your furniture and cushions in great shape.
- If you store your furniture in the off season it is recommended to store your cushions in a clean dry area.
- Make sure they are clean and completely dry before storage.
Regular cleaning will help keep your cushions looking like new.
- Brush off any dirt or debris with a soft brush then vacuum thoroughly especially along seams where dirt and debris can accumulate.
- After vacuuming clean your cushions using a quarter cup of mild detergent with a gallon of water and gently brush over the entire cushion with a soft brush or sponge.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Allow to air dry thoroughly before use.
Spills and stains
- Blot any spills with a clean dry cloth.
- To remove stains use a quarter cup of mild detergent to a gallon of water and spray on the stain. Gently rub the stain with a soft cloth or brush.
- For tough stains you may want to let the solution soak into the stain. You may want to clean the entire cushion to avoid water rings.
- Rinse with cold water and allow to air dry.
- Clean oil based stains from sunscreen and oils right away, you can use an absorbent material such as corn starch then scrape away with a straight edge. Clean using the quarter cup mild detergent to a gallon of water solution and allow to soak into the stain. Rinse with cold water and allow to air dry.